Please note that while this role is remote, you will need to travel to the office (London) 1-2 days per month.
This is a new role created within Charles Tyrwhitt’s IT team to help undertake a considerable retail I.T. modernisation project. The role sits within the retail back-office development team and will be responsible for designing and delivering retail I.T. line-of-business applications for all areas of the business.
The back-office development team is responsible for the development and maintenance of ERP (Order Management, Contact Centre, Distribution and other line-of-business) applications.
The team is undertaking a considerable programme of work to modernise and re-platform our current ERP application and this role will be heavily involved at the outset of this project.
We are looking for a senior .NET full stack developer to join our IT department. The role will cover the full development lifecycle of applications and, therefore, applicants should have an excellent grasp of C#, the .NET framework, SQL Server, etc., and experience working with client-server desktop and web applications,
Experience of working on large, complex line-of-business applications would be a bonus.
We are looking for candidates who express a desire to lead and mentor fellow team members, adopt new technologies and methodologies as they become relevant, and be involved in all aspects of developing and delivering software, including analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation, and ongoing support.
· Perform advanced and complex software design and development utilising the most relevant tools and methodologies
· Support and participate in the estimation process for new work packages and releases
· Work self-directed in the project teams – requiring minimal guidance and mentoring from the Development Manager/Tech Lead
· Perform complex defect resolution during all testing phases including user acceptance testing
· Take an involvement in the full life cycle of development projects, both as part of a wider team of developers, and where appropriate, as the sole developer
· Contribute to an evolving DevOps strategy for a new project, working to implement and maintain issue tracking, source code control, continuous integration, testing and deployment processes
· Perform unit testing and integration testing of all software
· Work effectively with internal teams to deliver the project on time, on spec and on budget
· Research and suggest modern development strategies and provide thought leadership in the software development space
· Take a lead role in the project lifecycle, with involvement in release/sprint planning, retrospectives and re-planning
· Influence and mentor development efforts within the agreed architecture model and framework
· Participate in regular team meetings to discuss both wider movements in technology and to showcase recent projects from a technology perspective
· Work cohesively with the rest of the development team to ensure knowledge sharing, code reuse and the use of convention wherever possible
· Ensure development standards are adhered to and strive to improve quality
· Take a pro-active and positive approach to providing solutions to technical problems
· Demonstrate the ability to work with cross functional teams and communicate complex technical information in a user-friendly way