Please note that while this role is remote, you will need to travel to the office (London) 1-2 days per month.
This is a new role created within Charles Tyrwhitt’s IT team to help undertake a considerable retail I.T. modernisation project. The role sits within the retail back-office development team and will be responsible for designing and delivering retail I.T. line-of-business applications for all areas of the business.
The back-office development team is responsible for the development and maintenance of the company’s ERP (Order Management, Contact Centre, Distribution and other line-of-business) applications.
The team is undertaking a considerable programme of work to modernise and re-platform our current ERP application and this role will be heavily involved at the outset of this project.
The new role is for a C# full stack developer (who has a minimum of 2 years of experience as a C# programmer) to design, write, and maintain code as well as contribute to design and planning discussions.
The role will be involved in the full development lifecycle of applications and, therefore, should have an excellent grasp of C#, the .NET framework, SQL Server, etc., and, ideally, have experience of working on large, complex line-of-business applications.
· Software design and development utilising the most relevant tools and methodologies
· Support and participate in the estimation process for new work packages and releases
· Work self-directed in the project teams – requiring minimal guidance and mentoring from the Development Manager/Tech Lead
· Perform complex defect resolution during all testing phases including user acceptance testing
· Take an involvement in the full life cycle of development projects, both as part of a wider team of developers, and where appropriate, as the sole developer
· Contribute to an evolving DevOps strategy for a new project, working to implement and maintain issue tracking, source code control, continuous integration, testing and deployment processes
· Perform unit testing and integration testing of all software
· Work effectively with internal teams to deliver the project on time, on spec and on budget
· Involvement in release/sprint planning, retrospectives, and re-planning
· Influence development efforts within the agreed architecture model and framework
· Participate in regular team meetings to discuss both wider movements in technology and to showcase recent projects from a technology perspective
· Work cohesively with the rest of the development team to ensure knowledge sharing, code reuse and the use of convention wherever possible
· Ensure development standards are adhered to and strive to improve quality
· Take a pro-active and positive approach to providing solutions to technical problems
· Demonstrate the ability to work with cross functional teams and communicate complex technical information in a user-friendly way
Essential Skills / Knowledge
· Write clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages
· Participate in requirements analysis
· Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
· Test and deploy applications and systems
· Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle
· Ability to plan own time effectively with a focus on delivery of tasks
· Ability to work to tight deadlines, in an often fast-paced, fast-turnaround environment
· A proactive approach and an ability to work independently
· A desire to continuously strive to adopt new technical and organisational skills where they are relevant
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
· A desire to achieve excellence